Comment on page
Engage: Improve User Conversion and Retention
Acquire users & drive growth with Engage.
Engage empowers you to interact directly with your users, bridging the gap between your decentralized application and its audience. With the ability to engage through in-app messaging, you're equipped to efficiently acquire new users and create lasting relationships that drive growth.
With Spock Engage, you can send personalized messages to new users, enticing them to explore and use your product.
- New Product Launch: If you introduce a new USDC lending vault, you can target wallet addresses holding USDC across any chain. Offer them a personalized message and perhaps a gas refund to encourage them to use your new product.
- User Retention: Spock Engage can also be employed to enhance the experience of current users. For example, if you've marked a protocol as a competitor in Watch, Spock will monitor the on-chain activities of overlapping users. If these users show signs of churning, you can send them personalized messages offering APR boosts, NFTs, or token drops to encourage retention.
Spock has profiled over 40 million wallet addresses based on their on-chain activity and assigned them labels that capture their on-chain behavior. With just a click of a button and based on the chain you have selected, Spock would create a segment of wallet addresses that match the traits of your current users. Using this set of users, you can create a campaign to offer them something when they land on your dApp to improve the chances of converting them to users. Since this set of users is the closest to your current user base, the chances of them converting and retaining on your dApp are the highest.
- Targeted Campaigns: Use this segmented audience for targeted campaigns, offering them special incentives when they land on your dApp.
- Higher Conversion Rates: Since these users closely resemble your current audience, they are more likely to convert and stay engaged with your dApp.
Spock's audience builder is not just a filtering tool; it's your strategic asset for creating custom audiences that align perfectly with your campaign goals. With a range of advanced criteria at your disposal, you can build audiences that are as broad or as niche as you need.
Criteria for Building Custom Audiences:
- Tokens & NFT Holdings: Choose from a list of tokens and NFTs that users hold in their wallets, allowing you to target audiences interested in specific assets.
- Traits: Select from a variety of behavioral traits such as DEX Trader, Cross-chain Hopper, and more. This enables you to target users based on their on-chain behavior.
- Most Active On Chain: Generate a list of wallet addresses that are most active on a specific blockchain, helping you focus your efforts where they'll have the most impact.
- Net Worth: Aim your campaigns at high net worth wallet addresses to maximize ROI.
- Wallet Lifetime: Identify wallet addresses that have been active for longer periods, offering a potentially more engaged audience.
And many more.
Refer to the Data Catalog to see what criteria are available for audience creation.
Engage takes user interaction to the next level with Real-time Session Metrics. This feature allows you to set campaign triggers based on user activities as they happen, offering a responsive and personalized user experience.
Examples of Real-time Triggers:
- Rejected Transactions: Imagine a wallet address that has rejected more than 5 transactions in a single session. This could indicate indecisiveness or confusion. With Real-time Session Metrics, you can trigger a campaign offering assistance to help them complete a transaction.
- Failed Transactions: If a wallet address experiences 2 failed transactions in a single session, this could be a sign of technical issues or high gas fees. You can immediately offer them a gas refund to alleviate their concerns and improve their experience.
You can find real-time session metrics in Audience Builder.
If you already have a curated list of wallet addresses that you wish to target, Engage's Import Audience feature is your go-to solution. This feature eliminates the need to build an audience from scratch, allowing you to focus on crafting impactful campaigns.
How It Works:
- 1.Navigate to Audience Builder: Access the Audience Builder within Engage to find the Import Audience option.
- 2.Upload Your List: Simply upload your pre-existing list of wallet addresses into the Audience Builder.
- 3.Run Campaigns: Once your custom audience is imported, you can immediately use it to run in-app dialog campaigns tailored to this specific group.
- Time-Saving: Skip the audience-building process and get straight to running your campaigns.
- Precision Targeting: Utilize your pre-curated lists to target users who you already know are aligned with your campaign goals.
- Flexibility: Whether it's a list from a previous campaign or a set of high-value users, the Import Audience feature offers the flexibility to use any list you have.
Once you've built or imported your target audience, the next step is crafting the perfect message to engage them. With Engage's In-App Dialog Campaign feature, you can create personalized messages that resonate with your selected wallet segment.
How It Works:
- 1.Navigate to the Campaign Feature: After creating or importing your audience in Audience Builder, head over to the Campaign feature within Engage.
- 2.Craft Your Message: Use the intuitive interface to write and format the message you wish to serve. You can include calls to action, special offers, or any other content that aligns with your campaign goals.
- 3.Launch the Campaign: Once your message is ready, simply launch the campaign. Your in-app dialog will be served to the selected wallet segment, ensuring targeted and effective communication.
- Personalization: Tailor your message to fit the specific needs and behaviors of your target audience, increasing the likelihood of engagement.
- Immediate Impact: Because the dialog appears in-app, users are more likely to read and act upon it, leading to higher conversion rates.
- User-Centric: Crafting messages based on audience segmentation allows you to address user pain points or needs directly, enhancing their experience and increasing retention.
You can select from a bunch of variables and embed them in the message like Wallet Address or ENS.
Review the campaign one final time and start converting more users.
Engage offers a variety of templates to help you hit the ground running. Whether you're targeting specific user segments or aiming to improve overall engagement, these templates provide a quick and effective way to get started.
- Target Whales: Aim your campaign at wallet addresses with a net worth greater than $100k.
- Target NFT Traders: Focus on wallet addresses that exhibit NFT-related traits.
- Target DEX Traders or LPs: Target wallet addresses with traits related to decentralized exchanges (DEX) or liquidity providers (LPs).
- Convert First-Time Users: Engage wallet addresses that have not yet transacted on your protocol.
- Offer Early Airdrop to Existing Users: Target wallet addresses that have completed at least one transaction on your protocol.
- Offer Gas Refund to Undecided New Users: Aim at wallet addresses that have never transacted on the configured contract addresses and whose session time exceeds 10 minutes.
- Offer Gas Refund for Rejected Transactions: Target wallet addresses that have rejected three transactions in a single session.
- Encourage Token Staking: Focus on wallet addresses that are holding your project's native token.
And many more.
Once your campaign is live, the next critical step is to track its performance. Engage's Track section provides you with real-time metrics that offer valuable insights into how your campaign is doing.
How It Works:
- 1.Navigate to the Track Section: After launching your campaign, head over to the Track section within Engage.
- 2.Monitor Key Metrics: Here, you'll find a dashboard displaying crucial metrics such as engagement rate, conversion rate, click-through rate, and more.
- 3.Analyze and Adapt: Use these insights to understand what's working and what needs adjustment. You can then fine-tune your campaign for better results.
- 1.Onboarding New Users: A DeFi platform wants to improve its user onboarding experience. Using Engage, they can show in-app dialog messages to new users, guiding them through the initial setup process and offering tips for getting started.
- 2.Targeting High-Value Users: A crypto exchange wants to offer special promotions to users who hold a significant amount of a particular token. Using Engage's "Target Whales" template, the exchange can show personalized messages to these high-value users.
- 3.NFT Launch Promotion: An NFT platform is launching a new collection and wants to notify users who have previously engaged with similar content. Engage can be used to show targeted messages to this specific user segment, encouraging them to check out the new collection.
- 4.Reducing Transaction Failures: A lending protocol notices that many users are experiencing failed transactions. Using Engage, they can show real-time messages to users who have had multiple failed transactions, offering them troubleshooting tips or a gas refund.
- 5.Event-Based Engagement: During a live DAO governance vote, a platform wants to encourage participation. Engage can be used to send real-time notifications to users, reminding them to cast their votes before the deadline.
- 6.Feedback Collection: After a major update, a dApp wants to collect user feedback. Engage can be used to show a quick survey or feedback form to users who have used the updated features.
- 7.Rewarding Loyal Users: A platform wants to reward users who have been active for more than six months. Using Engage, they can show these users a message offering them exclusive access to new features, boosted APRs, or gas subsidies.
The off-chain module of the SDK is only needed if you want to make off-chain data a part of your audience-building criteria. If you are only building the audience using on-chain data, then the off-chain module of the SDK is not needed.